Tuesday 25 January 2011

Tak 3 Task How will i promote myself



Ways to promote myself


Business cards be creative, Portfolio (Printed or BDF),  Creative CV (Printed or PDF), Website, My Blog, Other Design blogs, Mailshot.


What do THEY want to hear?


Who I am. What I want from them. What i have to offer them. 


What should i say to them?


How will i communicate with them?


Via telephone, post and email... Talk to them in their language, research the company so i can respond in the most appropriate way. I find email an impersonal form of communication, it doesn't give you the chance to express yourself. When contacting future employers I would like to send them a mailshot first, a small yet creative, effective piece of communication which will allow me to show my design abilities and tell them a little more about who I am! Now i have got them interested i would follow up the mailshot with an email explaining who i am and what i want... a visit, a placement, information, advice, an interview. The send a  portfolio or creative cv attached for them to look over my work if they are interested! It is important i get their attention first time and make a good impression as i will only get ONE CHANCE! My Creative CV needs to express who i am and in a way that speaks to them, if it is a editorial/ publishing agency think handouts, mags, books.. type and layout are key factors.

1 comment:

  1. have you created the mailshot yet? in tomorrow so see you then.x

    ReplyDelete