Thursday 9 December 2010

David Lindsay Photography

I am very lucky to have friends in the creative industry who are more than happy to talk to me about my course, my ambitions and my work. Recently i did abit of work experience with David Lindsay a photographer based in Leeds, i helped him with an artist in residence project at the town hall in Leeds and also with Light Night.
I studied Photography at A-Level and it has always been something i am very interested in so to see how a freelance photographer works and what sort of projects they take on was a great insight into the industry.
Dave works on a range of projects from Fashion to Portrait, Events and personal work.
I spent a day with Dave looking at the organ rooms within the Town Hall, it was so interesting to see behind the scenes of a place i have been into so many times. The organ room was amazing, so technical and brilliant imagery to capture on film. Dave discussed his ideas and i added my own ideas here and there, i learnt a lot about the technical aspects of photography such as the lighting equipment as this is something i didn't have much knowledge on. Dave was very happy with the help i offered and said i had 'a good eye for composition'.

Here a few images i took whilst i was there, Dave's photo's will be exhibited early 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment