Wednesday 23 May 2012

Placement at Vast

Just finished a 6day placement at The Vast Agency -Leeds.

It was such a great experience and much needed to polish up on my design and styling skills. I find I have good ideas but find it difficult to execute the idea as well as I can invision it. So Vast was an excellent place to go to really push myself. The first 3days I felt abit out of my comfort zone working closely on a logo design I really had to look carefully at the crafting of the letterforms and colours etc which I feel I especially struggle with type so it took me a while to get something I was happy with. This was really good for me as I can sometimes leave a logo half done... thinking it looks ok but really it could be pushed and crafted so much better. I feel I understand a lot more about this now and this will really help me with future work/ placements. The guys at Vast were really lovely, we had a good laugh and they showed me their extensive range of beautiful bespoke lookbooks which really helped with my design context publication.

Whilst there I also did abit of work on a lookbook collecting material samples for a swatch book, colour matching and then adding them to the collection. It was really nice to get hands on with a project and was nice to break up the day with this kind of work. I also helped make some mock-ups to send out to companies including promotional concepts for a well known supermarket brand.

On my final day I worked on a crest logo for some Vast promotional work... can't really discuss the nature of the work but I really loved the design that I produced... much more my style of work and Phil and the team were really happy with my design.

Phil said I'm welcome back anytime and to keep in touch so that's really nice to know and I'll be sure to be in touch with them to let them know whats going on :)

Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment